Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Blessed


These past three weeks have been a whirlwind. Full of meaningful moments for our family. A real highlight for us was the dinner celebration and time of prayer for high school graduates Kaity and Josiah.


Very dear friends for as long as our kids can remember. Kaity and Josiah are on the verge of starting college in the US after living almost all of their 18 years in Tianjin. So many shared memories of growing up together. And anticipating CJ being where they are in just one year. (Thankful that we don't have to say goodbye to him right now!) Seeing CJ's last year of high school and being at home as a gift, and wanting to savor the precious moments we have.

In God’s goodness and sovereignty, He arranged for us to have an extended time in Tianjin these past few weeks. Able to take part in these significant celebrations. Bringing closure. Marking milestones. Affirming life-long relationships. CJ and Joshua just left this morning with three of their best friends for a camp in southern China, and Jordan will be joining them next week. She has been cherishing every moment here with her best friend Angela. And loving time with both old and new friends. This kind of extended time together with heart friends, especially after living apart from each other, is so sweet and treasured. My mother’s heart is grateful for the precious gift of friendship for my children. To see these relationships survive (and even thrive!) across miles and time.



For me, quality time in Tianjin with my dear sisters in the faith, since moving away last year to a new place of starting over again in relationships, is a true gift for me. I feel blessed to my very core. So while it’s been a whirlwind of activity and people-time, and I am running weary right now, I am praising God for His gifts of friends, and the reminder that Tianjin will always be a home for us.

I am thankful that He is enabling me to be where I am in the moment. While we are in Tianjin, I can be “all here.” Still remembering our time in the village. And in Lanzhou. While looking ahead to our full summer in the US. And then returning to Lanzhou and the village. Each place is unique and holds something different for us. But it’s all good. And we are so blessed. Thanks be to God.

2 comments:

  1. Esther VanderlaanJune 14, 2012 at 12:16 AM

    Now I really, really want to go back to China!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish you could, Esther! We really miss you and your family here. Excited that we'll get to visit you in August :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...