Thursday, September 5, 2013

Adoption Encouragement



One of the sweetest blessings we have received from God these past two months has been the outpouring of support, encouragement and prayer for our adoption. How wonderful to belong to the Body of Christ! About a month ago, I shared a picture from 2006 of Charly running with our kids at a train stop because it captured how I felt, as we were waiting on the edge of our seats, for news of special approval: “Keep going. Don’t give up. Run the race He has set before you.” 


Here is a sampling of the messages we have received from those who have been cheering us on and who have been running the race with us. Thank you! It is impossible to express how much this support and encouragement  has meant to our family.

“Picturing you guys standing in front of the Red Sea right now!  The mighty waters are in front of you (literally NO way they can move water, right?) and then the Egyptian Army, one of the most powerful in the entire world, is chasing quickly after them.  God had never promised that He would part the waters…they had NO clue.  They were frightened and had no clue.  But God made a way! 

I have NO idea what God is doing in your lives, or what His plan is.  But that’s the picture I have in my head right now.  I’ve seen God make a way where there is literally no possibility, yet He does it.  I’m praying He will do the same with these two boys!”

A line from Romans came to mind...."as it is written, “I have made you the father of many nations”)—in the presence of the God in whom he believed, who gives life to the dead and calls into existence the things that do not exist." What I am claiming in my requests to the Father...is that He call into existence this adoption completion. You all are close in our thoughts! Love you!

“Can't tell you how many times I have thought of your family and these two precious boys over these past couple of days. Feeling excited, anxious, thrilled, overwhelmed, thankful, at times a bit heartsick, encouraged and amazed . . . Eagerly anticipating a day of rejoicing the day you bring them home . . . trusting and believing it will be so.”

We are standing with you in prayer. God can do the impossible.”

“I am right beside you in Spirit, bowing before the King!”

I am picturing myself helping to hold one of your arms up.  I know there are many others doing the same.”

“For certain He is surrounding you, holding you up, and working His good plan in and thru you. We are all praying…He is good and faithful. You can trust Him! Holding up your arms in prayer… When you're exhausted, we are here...you're almost at the finish line and you can do it!”

Romans 15:13 NLT--I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him.  Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”

“While I was thinking of you…I thought of the story of Esther and verse 5:2 that the king extended the scepter to her. Even if it might not seem working so smoothly, but I still have a strong confidence that HE is in control in all this.”

We continue to join you in prayer. "What time I am afraid, I will trust in You." Psalm 56:3

“May God continue to move mountains!  What really strikes me is how you are fighting for them while they don't even know. Reminds me of how God is relentless in His fight for us even when we don't see it. “

God is a big God and is showing it again.”

“We know that God can change the hearts of those who are in control.  And that is what I am praying for and expecting now!”

Through all this, I have had a peace about the outcome, just knowing that God has been in control all this time and that He has known what His plan is from before the boys were born!” 

“Thank God that we can trust His timing.  I think of Gabriel coming to Daniel who said that his prayers were heard immediately.   But much spiritual battling was going on in the heavenlies as Gabriel began his journey to bring God's answer to Daniel.  There's so much we do not understand.  But you will know that these two are God's gift to you if the miracle of a "YES" is yours.”

Praying that the labor pains end in the successful birth of your two newest children.  I know it has been a LONG pregnancy.”

“I am ASKING for HIM to release the boys to your family…that you would receive what you asked and that your JOY would be full.”

Running with you…and remembering Ps 31 (14-15a) that your destiny - and the destiny of those wee boys - are under His control 'For I have said, you are my God; my destiny is under your control.'”

“Don't give up! You are right. Praying for God's divine intervention. It will come and He will withhold no good thing from you or those boys! So excited to see Him move obstacles!”

Here's a verse I read this morning in the AMP that I found very encouraging and thought I would share with you.

"The Lord God is my strength, my personal bravery and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet, and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering or responsibility]!" Habakkuk 3:19

“Can the prey be taken from the mighty man, or the captives of a tyrant be rescued? Surely thus says the Lord, even the captives of the mighty man will be taken away, and the prey of the tyrant will be rescued..." You have hope, child, because I care, and because I do things. Without me, it is hopeless. With me, it is not. Chin up. I'm still doing good things.
We pray with you that His 'good things' of the hour include bringing these boys into your family. If anything, we know that He is able!

Your home will change and you will be stretched totally, but God has prepared you for a long time. Praying for a way!

Be assured that God is on your case.

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...