Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Encouragement from Isaiah



These passages from the Book of Isaiah in the New Living Translation greatly encouraged my heart this morning.

“Fill the valleys and level the hills. Straighten out the curves and smooth out the rough spots. Then the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. The Lord has spoken!” (40:4-5)

“Don’t you know that the Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depth of his understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; he offers strength to the weak.” (40:28b-29)

“Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.” (41:10)

“You will open the eyes of the blind and free the captives from prison. You will release those who sit in dark dungeons.” (42:7)

“I will lead blind Israel down a new path, guiding them along an unfamiliar way. I will make the darkness bright before them and smooth out the road ahead of them.” (42:16)

“When you go through deep waters and great trouble I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. (43:2-3a)

“From eternity to eternity I am God. No one can oppose what I do. No one can reverse my actions.” (43:13)

“Truly, O God of Israel, our Savior, you work in strange and mysterious ways.” (45:15)

“I created you and have cared for you since before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime—until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.” (46:3b-4)


 “Our Redeemer, whose name is the Lord Almighty, is the Holy One of Israel.” (47:4)

“Through you I am saying to the prisoners of darkness, ‘Come out! I am giving you your freedom!’ They will be my sheep, grazing in green pastures and on hills that were previously bare. They will neither hunger nor thirst. The searing sun and scorching desert winds will not reach them anymore. For the Lord in his mercy will lead them beside cool waters. And I will make my mountains into level paths for them. The highways will be raised above the valleys.” (49:9-11, 4/2/08 adoption)

“All the world will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior and Redeemer, the Mighty One of Israel.” (49:26b)






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...