Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Great is His Faithfulness

You care for the land and water it, you enrich it abundantly.
The streams of God are filled with water to provide the people with grain,
for so you have ordained it.
You drench its furrows and level its ridges;
you soften it with showers and bless its crops.
You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance.
The grasslands of the desert overflow; the hills are clothed with gladness.
The meadows are covered with flocks and the valleys are mantled with grain;
they shout for joy and sing.”
(Psalm 65:9-13)

God has been so faithful. Providing just what we have needed every step of the way. Grace as we packed up all of our belongings.
Helping us find new homes for those things we no longer needed. 


Strength to carry heavy boxes and suitcases (comparatively easier this time than when we carried our stuff up nine flights of stairs!)


Help in maneuvering through two train stations.


The blessing of my parents' visit last week as we left Lanzhou and then had a special graduation for Joshua with our Tianjin friends.
His provision of a spacious place for our family to stay while we are here in Tianjin. 


God has graciously provided us with a home to rent for this upcoming year in Colorado Springs from a family who will be on sabbatical. And the generous gift of a used van from a family who is buying a new one.

In Psalm 62:1b the psalmist says, “Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.” As I allow God to lead me there, I can see my life from His perspective, where there is light above the clouds of darkness, where there is hope instead of despair, where His promises are sure and there is safety from the storm, where I can see that our roots can be replanted and we can thrive.

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.” (Psalm 23:2-3a) So much of my desire is expressed in this verse: God leading us to a place of natural beauty, so we can breathe deeply and sit beside quiet waters. For real rest and restoration of our souls.

All I have needed Thy hand hath provided. Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...