Monday, June 29, 2015

Surrounded

"You hem me in--behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me."
Psalm 139:5

This is one of my favorite pictures from Joshua's home school graduation in Tianjin three weeks ago. As Charly and my Dad prayed for Joshua, fellow graduates Josiah and Jonathan reached out to lay their hands on him as well.


At two group gatherings in Tianjin, friends surrounded our family and laid their hands on us as they prayed for our transition back to the US. What a blessing to be supported and uplifted by friends who know us and love us.

God has surrounded us in every way, hemming us in behind and before. These past two weeks in the US, Charly, David, Daniel and I have been staying with my parents, which has been the perfect safety net for us to fall into. I can't imagine a better situation. The boys have really been motivated to work on their English, and my parents have done an amazing job of connecting with them over Go Fish card games, walks with the dog, trips to the pool, park and zoo...

God helped us set up a house to rent in Colorado Springs (starting the end of July), we stayed the night with friends from China who live near the house, and we got the boys enrolled in school. We felt overwhelmed by the incredibly supportive special education staff of District 20 and how positive they were about David and Daniel during our meeting. A wonderful team, on our side, to help meet the boys' special needs.

Joshua and Jordan just finished up their TCK camp in southern China and are on their way back to join us in Colorado. CJ is back in Jerusalem for his summer project both there and in Jordan again. We are so grateful for the ways that God has surrounded and sustained our family as we've been in different parts of the world.

"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 
If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 
If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 
even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."
Psalm 139:7-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...