Sunday, May 1, 2016

Not One Promise Failed

“So the Lord gave Israel all the land he had sworn to give their forefathers and they took possession of it and settled there. The Lord gave them rest on every side, just as he had sworn to their forefathers. Not one of their enemies withstood them; the Lord handed all their enemies over to them. Not one of the Lord's good promises to the house of Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.” (Joshua 21:43-45)

“I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself. You said, 'I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to David my servant, 'I will establish your line forever and make your throne firm through all generations.''

The heavens praise your wonders, O Lord, your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones. For who in the skies can compare with the Lord? Who is like the Lord among the heavenly beings? In the council of the holy ones God is greatly feared; he is more awesome than all who surround him. O Lord God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O Lord, and your faithfulness surrounds you.” (Psalm 89:1-8)


Abram asked God, “O Sovereign Lord, how can I know that I will gain possession of it?” And the Lord said to him, “Know for certain...” (Genesis 15:8, 13)

Joseph told his brothers, “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.” (Genesis 50:20)

Job said, “My ears had heard of you, but now my eyes have seen you.” (Job 42:5)

“The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed. a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.” (Psalm 9:9-10)

“A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out, till he leads justice to victory. In his name the nations will put their hope.” (Isaiah 42:3-4)


“I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.” (Psalm 130:5)

“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”
(Ephesians 3:20-21)

He meets us at the Edge and takes us farther than we thought we could go.

***********************************************************************
(Linking up this week with Velvet Ashes on the Theme of Edge)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...